Sunday, 16 September 2012

Miss Fox

Luckily I don't work (most) Wednesday's so I had a few minutes to work on the book week parade costume for this year. Stella had decided that she wanted to go as one of her favourite Roald Dahl characters 'Fantastic Mr Fox'. Thank the stars for Pinterest and the great foxy inspiration. A quick raid of the fabric scraps and stash and this is what I came up with. Ears on a head band that I covered with orange velvet ribbon; a tail, tipped with a white end that was tied around her waist; a mask from orange felt, lined with cotton fabric with appliqu├ęd features; and a tie. All foxes need a tie!

Stella loved it and told me that I am the 'best costume maker ever.' Of course this made my year.

2 comments:

Hope's Mama said...

Foxy lady!

Sheila@Chinaberry said...

What a great costume. Very cool! And of course there's nothing like hearing your child say you're the best at something :-) Enjoy!