Thursday, 2 February 2012

the spanner...

I don't like it when my boat is rocked; when there is a spanner in my works; when there us a hornet in my nest. Things have been going along oh so well. Long summer days, happy (and mostly healthy) children, settling in and feeling at home here in the new-old house. But this home is not ours. When we sold up and moved to Melbourne we decided to rent for a while, find what we like and wait for me to return to the paid workforce. So we rented a great house in a great street in a great suburb. Now the house may be sold and we just can't afford to buy it at the moment.

It's not the worst thing that could happen but its nonetheless unsettling for my little family. Another move, another house.

This morning when I felt crappy and angry at the world, I pulled on my trainers and headed out for a long walk in the sun. Louis fell asleep in the pram and Molly plodded along beside me, fulfilling her duty as a 'persons best friend.' Any like most of my walks do, this one led me to my favourite op shop. The one where they know my name and cut me deals and talk about their days. Just there waiting for me was a cute yellow necklace. Little hearts, all bright and cheery, reminding me that the sun will always shine and that my lovely, lovely family is far more important than all of these annoying spanners...

4 comments:

Lisa said...

We went through the same last year, with the owner putting the house we were renting up for sale only six weeks into our lease. We were unable to break the contract and got notice to move four days before Christmas. Our 12 month plan to rent and find a house to buy has ended in two houses in 6 months. I feel your pain! Least you got a lovely necklace to make the day better.

Kate said...

That is crappy. Hope it all works out for you.

CurlyPops said...

That's the horrible sucky thing about renting!
What ever happened to the days when rentals were secure for years and years?

Hope's Mama said...

You know what this means? This means you have to move to Montmorency. Look up our gorgeous little suburb, you'll love it!
xo