Saturday, 23 April 2011

good bye Blue House


















The last few months have been crazy. Truly freakin' crazy. We got the house ready for sale, difficult as it was with Steve only home on weekends, but we did it. We listed it on the market and it sold within a few days. It was sad. Sad to say good bye to our Blue House. An exhausting end.


So much has happened in this 3 months. Louis started walking just after he turned 10 months. Stella fell in love with school and had to say good bye. And we packed up our house, said some big teary good byes to our sweetest friends and moved.

But...

I am in love with Melbourne. In love with our part of this big city and sad for the house and, importantly, the people we left behind.

Oh life, you like make it tricky!


(Just a few shots of the blue house from the 'For Sale' listing - kitchen, house, Minnie's room, playroom, back deck)

11 comments:

Hazel said...

Oh it's tough to leave a home you love. I've been thinking of you, moving is hard enough, let alone moving with two children to keep happy as well! I like Melbourne too, it feels right to me, even though I'm a Tassie girl!

Kate said...

Welcome to Melbourne :-) As hard as it is to leave the familiar behind, a fresh start can be fantastic. Once you settle in it'll get easier.

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow, welcome to Melbourne!
I hope you end up loving living here just as much once you settle in.

Ya Chun said...

Congrats on a speedy sale and surviving the stress of moving. It is esp. stressful if you liked where you were.

We are in the process now - one of the most frustrating is that the house will look better when we list it than when we have been here to enjoy it!

sophie said...

Moving is so painful isn't it - but i am sure you will all settle in quickly. So lovely to hear from you after so long.
xxx

Hope's Mama said...

What a beautiful home. I wish I could have visited you there. But I'm so looking forward to visiting you in your new house, in our great city.
xo

Elise said...

Wishing you all the best in your new home.

Kate said...

Sad yes - but exciting - I always love a new adventure - good luck with yours.

katiecrackernuts said...

Thrilled to hear you're settled, or settling, in to the new abode. So much more life and things to explore than you had here I am sure. Funny Old Hobart Town, people keep telling me about places like your cafe tip that I never found while I was there. I am pretty good at sniffing out places but I found Hobart really closed and by the fourth day a little creepy. No bird song in the morning, what's with that? Weird.

emma said...

Hey rach, glad to hear you're having fun in melbourne...but I'm not surprised you miss that gorgeous house!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Oh sheesh kebabs. I am so hopeless at reading blogs now, and I have missed out on yours. Wow. Big news in your 'hood. But exciting. And you've really, really inspired me. We could move house - and continue living and loving. I find the idea daunting, but after reading this, you've buoyed me! x