Tuesday, 25 January 2011

things

The days are disappearing so quickly.

Before our very surprised eyes the big girl has turned 5.

5 years old. Not a baby anymore. Not a pre-schooler for much longer. 1 week away from the most awaited day in her life. She has been wearing her uniform at every available opportunity since November last year. She is bursting at the seams to get there. I am the one who has to stop my self from telling her how much I will miss her incessant chatter when she is not here; my sidekick, my helper, my little friend.

The baby is 8 1/2 months old now. Standing at every opportunity, speed crawling around the house. He has given up on mush and only likes finger food. Asparagus yesterday, broccoli today. Watermelon and nectarines are his favourite.

And in the middle of all this we are gearing up for a move. A big move away from dear, sweet friends. Away from the humid nights and the scent of our frangipanis. A move back into the heart and the guts of a big city; the lovely big city called Melbourne.

Hello my southern friends, we are heading your way.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow! That is some big stuff! Is that good stuff? Yay hopefully we can catch up and chat in person, because in this kind of moment I am only concered about me.
Take care through it all, bet Minnie is a champ at school!

Kate said...

Hope all the change is good change. We have 2 girls desperate for year 1 to start next week. I love how thy are so excited.

Kate said...

Wow, they do grow quickly!
Good luck with the move :-)

Ya Chun said...

That is a gorgeous picture. The sun in her hair, her smooth little cheeks. What a beauty.

Poor mama, her girl is off to school. I think she will make you proud though.

How close is the move? That sucks that she is starting school then you are moving.

sophie said...

Goodness that is a big move - and exciting too, so many wonderful people in Melbourne! Minnie is going to have SO much fun!

Hazel said...

Exciting times in your home! Best of luck with the big day and the move. If I had to live in any of the cities on the big island it would have to be Melbourne.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo. I will miss you. gx