Sunday, 29 August 2010

my creative space: hats




As the sun begins to shine here after what feels like months of rain and grey skies it became quite apparent that the boy needed a hat. The winter beanies were not going to protect those sweet cheeks from the harsh sun. So I found this Purl Bee pattern online and rushed one up. When I say rushed, I mean it. The stitching is all over the place, the bias tape I made is very odd, and I had to trim the rim as I went because I did something odd cutting out the pattern. Minnie could have done a better job. But it fits. I have started some more better, neater ones.

It keeps the sun off his cheeks.

But it doesn't keep the dog off them...

4 comments:

Hope's Mama said...

Oh I love it! Still not quite sun hat weather here, damn it.
And Louis looks just like you!

Michelle said...

Too sweet Rach.
xx

Hazel said...

Love the doggie smooch!

Loz and Dinny said...

SO CUTE!