Wednesday, 18 August 2010

minnie and louis...




Minnie dotes on her little brother and her adjustment to his arrival has been fairly smooth sailing. I guess that given the age difference, Minnie is old enough to understand why much of my time has been consumed by caring for the baby. Generally she has been OK with this but of course there are days when she really demands time that I just don't have. There have been a few meltdowns but given she is the meltdown queen, it has not been a shock to our systems. I made sure that before Louis' arrival I had put in place some things to occupy Minnie when Louis was occupying me. We have craft baskets in almost every room, we have a new playroom that is 'craft central,' we have lots of new books and by bringing out some toys that had been packed away, we have new toys! If she has sticky tape and paper, she is a happy girl.

We have included Minnie as much as we can in the daily care of Louis by asking her to pick out his clothes and help with lots of the nappy changing. She loves to 'read' to him and tell him stories. She is teaching him to 'talk' so we often overhear her reeling off lists of words, all the while he listens so intently.


I can't imagine life without Louis and some days find it hard to remember that he has not always been here. But I guess that some days Minnie does remember those days in which we were able to dote on her 100%. So I think I will take a lead from the gorgeous Rachel and arrange a little outing just for the girls. I am sure the boys will enjoy some time together too.


PS - getting a decent photo of them can be really hard...

1 comment:

sean the prawn said...

They both look so happy & healthy. It is great that they are enjoying each others company. One of my biggest joys is overhearing the conversations of my two little munchkins as they interact independantly of me.