Wednesday, 24 February 2010

baby: nappies and a little sewing...

I have to say again, what an amazing response I had to my questions about washable nappies! Thank you again so much for all your information and links. And this blogging world continues to amaze me. You see I received a lovely email from a mama saying I could have their nappies. A day or so later, a parcel arrived containing 5 wonderful nappies. I got terribly emotional, both over the kindness shown by a 'stranger' and by the thought of the little person that would be in them in a less than 9 weeks. So thank you Robyn, you are a nappy goddess! I have decided that I am going to buy a small selection in a few different brands to give them a go. Well, someone small and sweet will be giving them the work out...

And I have been doing a little sewing for the baby. Actually if I am being honest, I went through a little patch a couple of weeks back where I seemed to be obsessed with sewing pants. Pants, pants, pants. My husband asked if perhaps I had gone a little overboard! But of course I explained, you can never have enough pants, can you?


So here is a small sample of what I have been working on. Almost all these pants have been made from up-cycled tee-shirts and are very basic. I have made couple from, corduroy and used some lovely printed stretch fabric from Sprout Design (the red, white and blue fish and the green, blue and white elephants). And most of them do need finishing off - I am terrible at rushing on to the next thing while leaving the first unfinished. I am still looking for good, thick organic jersey, so let me know if you have a good source.



3 comments:

Barbara from Boston said...

As for baby names, Charlotte, Shannon, Lauren, Melissa; Robyn or Roan (or Rowen) (boy or girl)or Christopher, Jules or Clint.

Black Eyed Susie said...

HI Rach, Seworld in Launceston (they have a website) have wonderful organic cotton knits. They may be shutting soon (so sad)so better be quick! Not sure if they have the cottons online but they're so, so lovely and would help if you called them. Also fabrics are 20% off just now! Do I sound like and ad? Congrats on the babe - so close now! Suse

Modern cloth nappies Australia said...

Thanks for sharing such useful information.The information provided here is very nice.Therefore I thank the writer for share this useful input.I Love To Read Your Blog and it was Really Helpful for me and it gives good details.