Tuesday, 12 January 2010

reading and making...

Firstly, thank you so much for all of the wonderful comments after my last post, in which I shared our lovely news. Physically I am feeling great, however these hot muggy days are completely zapping. Emotionally, although I am desperate for the day I get to birth our baby, I am trying hard to relax now and enjoy this pregnancy.

In other news from the Blue House, we have recently started reading a 'grown up book' with Minnie after she became increasingly interested in the books piled on our beside tables. She sits in awe as I read the odd sentence from 'The Great Gatsby' or 'Love in the Time of Cholera' and congratulates me on my reading skills!

As we decided that Orhan Pamuk is not really suitable for a 4 year old, I thought we could start with one of my favourites - 'Charlotte's Web.' Each night, before bed, I read a chapter or two. She is engrossed. Minnie asks for more and in the morning at breakfast, she asks if we can read it again that night.

This morning, on the way to Minnie's first day back at pre-school, she asked for a new school bag. A Charlotte's Web bag. So of course, I obliged.







11 comments:

sophie said...

it's beautiful Rach, you are so amazing!

Jo said...

What a sweet idea, a matching bag for a favourite story. xxx

Michelle said...

oh that's gorgeous Rach!

Back at pre-school already? No summer holidays?

It's wonderful watching your child fall in love with books isn't it?

Terry said...

this is the most beautiful photo!
XXX

Elise said...

Rach, congratulation on your wonderful news. I am thrilled for you and will keep you in my prayers as you continue your pregnancy journey.

Minnie's new bag is absolutley delightful.

Jessica said...

I do love that bag!!! It's perfect for Minnie!

Cindy said...

I think that is ok that you aren't so 'in love' with the whole pragnancy side, you can look back and enjoy in reflection.
We read Caleb 'Marmaduke the Possum' by Pixie Harris, which was my fave as a kid and it was so excited that he loved it too. She has lots of great books based in Australian outback.
Back to pre-school, mine are on holidays until early next month. I bet POppy would be jealous if she saw that gorgeous bag Minnie got, I need to make her one desperately

Hope's Mama said...

Love it, Rach.
xo

Barbara said...

I love the bag and I love that Minnie will be a reader... think of the worlds she will visit!

I hope you find relief from the heat and I hope your pregnancy continues as boringly as possible!

xxx

zoesquid said...

Just caught up with your lovely news. Congratulations. Love the bag too.
Cheers

PottyMouthMama said...

That bag is fantastic - wow, you are one clever lady. Love it. I bet Minnie treasures it. It's awesome reading those books together, isn't it? We're doing that too. I might tackle Charlotte's Web next - Noah loves the film. Hope tonight is making you feel better, that nice cool change - PHEW!