Monday, 10 August 2009

monday - minnie's room

This week I thought I would blog along the theme of 'our house.' Is that just being really lazy, showing you a few snaps of the Blue House? I think perhaps in my case it is. Anyway, here are a couple of shots of Minnie's room. Look at that un-ironed doona cover! What a house keeper I am! You may also notice that you are only seeing a very small part of the room. Although it's a big room, the play/reading/book shelves corners were a little too messy on this day so that bit will come later.

I decorated my very, very cheap lamp on Minnie's bedside table by drawing on the lamp shade and gluing and fusing on fabric and buttons. You may recognise these little girls from my dresses and tee-shirts. The bedside table is a very old White Oil box that my father restored for me when I was a young girl. And Minnie's yellow bed is a antique iron bed that I found on eBay, winning the auction for $1.00 (but the lovely lady would not except the $1.00 or the $10.00 I was trying to give her). We built the slats that fit on this bed from a bed base that I found out on the roadside ready for Council pick up. So a pretty inexpensive bed!








And that little fluffy on the bedside table - that's my husbands toy he had as a baby.

Now I will try and tidy the rest of that room...

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I thought Hugo's iron bed from the tip was a bargain at $10...you've done very well.

I love the colour theme in Minnie's room. It's gorgeous!

JasperBoy said...

I definitely want to see more of the blue house!

Forget ironing, I can't believe that Minnie's bed gets made every day. Well done you (and Minnie who I'm sure is a great "helper").

Jen in Melbourne

sophie said...

Looks so good Rachel, I love the look of it all.

Jessica said...

I adore Minnie's room---especially that iron bed!

tiny and little said...

Beautiful room, I love that bed. What a fantastic bargain!

PottyMouthMama said...

What a beautiful room - I love the bed story, I love the fluffy story, I love it all. When do I move in?

Loz and Dinny said...

ever thought about putting those gorgeous lamp shades in your shop??? Gorgeous!

Corrie said...

too cute! love love love the lampshade!!!!!!!!

Corrie;)