Sunday, 9 August 2009

knitting (2)

I know its been a while since this post about knitting. I am pleased to say that there have been some minor successes. I can cast on (mum never thought that this day would arrive). I can knit garter and stocking stitch without dropping too many stitches. I can pick up the dropped stitches (mostly) and I can cast off. So that's basic knitting, I guess. But, I cannot follow a pattern so its all scarfs and squares here.

My green scarf (it's that great pose again) is still unfinished. I have now have 2 extra balls of this green yarn so it will be finished, oneday. Minnie's brown scarf is now off the needles and back in a ball in the knitting drawer. I think the bamboo/cotton I used for this brown scarf is a bit too tricky for a real beginner as it easily splits.
So I went for a 100% wool yarn, in pink for the girly girl and the scarf is finished. And here it is, modelled by the little girl with the new hair do. How she loves the new haircut. It was her choice and I must say I am so very pleased she decided it was time for a cute little bob cut.




7 comments:

sophie said...

knitting freaks me out to congratulations for sticking to it!! I am all about bobs on little girls, Evie has just been given her first and she looks as cute as Minnie!

Kate said...

Well done! I knew you cold do it, very cute model!

katiecrackernuts said...

You'll be click clacking away like a pro before too long. Well done.

JasperBoy said...

Another beautiful pic of you Rach.

Jen in Melbourne

Poppy and Mei said...

Love it! XXxx

Jessica said...

I love those scarves! I'm going to cast on one or two later today in preparation for the holidays (fingers-crossed)

PottyMouthMama said...

I can't believe Minnie looks so grown up - yikes!!

Love your knitting. Love it. Go you - and your green scarf looks ace on you girlfriend!