Thursday, 7 May 2009

my uniform...

It has been a bit quiet here at the Blue House in terms of craft and blogging as I am spending a lot of days (and nights) parenting alone. Husbands that travel overseas for work are a real pain. A right pain in the bum. But given the current economic climate, we are of course happy that he has a job to go to every day, even if it does take him all over the Asia Pacific area...

Before Steve leaves on a trip we always take a few family photos. Just something that we do and have done for a long time. Now that Minnie is really interested in the camera, she has started taking some photos of us. So this is us. Early on a Monday morning. Hair not done and no make-up (perhaps Steve is wearing a little colour on his cheeks?). In my PJ's (yes, the good old sheet-PJ's - so comfy).

Although this was taken in the morning, you can probably catch me in this outfit any time of the day. Morning, noon and night. Drop in for tea and I may well be in this get up, perhaps with a little lippy though.

12 comments:

sophie said...

This is a great photo I love it. I really need to make some sheet PJ pants, maybe flannelette sheet pants though!

CurlyPops said...

That is such a sweet photo. You both look so happy...aint love grand!

Loz and Dinny said...

Man - stylish pjs! and such a beautiful, beautiful photo!

Jackie said...

I LOVE this photo and the tradition. So sweet, Rach.

xoxo
P.S. Why can't I find cool sheets like that?!

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Oh yes, the sheet pj's are the best!
I just had a look at Apartment Therapy and the comments re Elsie Marley's rugs - wow - so much anal retentive-ness in there! Made me laugh out loud!

Dick and Dora said...

I love it!

Michelle said...

That Minnie is a top little portrait photographer. Adorable photo and adorable family tradition.

xx

Jo said...

Great photo! Minnie is a champ.

Very comfy looking PJ's.

love, na said...

what a lovely photo. i know that pain in the rear you are talking about. i also have a traveling husband.

i would love to see those sheet pjs. sounds so comfy! i need a pair.

Keryn said...

Very cute photo! We do a similar thing every Queens Birthday weekend when hubby gets back from his fishing trip, the 3 boys in front of the trophy, a nice way to see how time is flying with little ones!! :)

littleecofootprints said...

Great photo! I gave my 2 year old an old digital camera the other day and was amazed at the photos she took. Everything was from a low angle just like Minnies photo. The world from their perspective!

Sheet PJ's. i cannot believe i didn't think of that!! I am gonna raid my vintage sheets and make myself some warm winter flannelette PJ's...

potty mouth mama said...

Cute, cute photo. Me likey!