Friday, 15 May 2009

knitting


I promised my self that I would learn to knit. I have banged on about it now for so long that I really had to do something about it. And I have. My mother, who is good at absolutely everything crafty, was here for a little over a week and she has the most amazing patience. She teaches a craft group, which I think is easier then just teaching just one of me. But she has done well.

I am knitting my self a rather wide green woolen scarf (excuse the posey modelling). Its just all garter stitch. There are only a few small holes (Mum's gone home now you see...)



And I am knitting Minnie a scarf - she choose this colour. Its bamboo/cotton and it feels lovely. However, it splits really easily. I have used garter and then stocking stitch.
I have already discovered that bamboo needles are much better to knit with when compared to the old metal ones I have. And I have discovered that there is so many lovely yarns out there to use.

But the best discovery of all is that I really enjoy the almost hypnotic rhythm of knitting. It is amazingly relaxing. I have been spotted carrying my knitting around in the garden of an afternoon or doing a few quick rows while cooking dinner.
Molly has also discovered the joys of knitting...



Have a lovely weekend.

15 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow your knitting is going so well. I am all for a little craft relaxation - not the Molly type though

Michelle said...

I love the green scarf and photo! Tres chic! I better get cracking on my knitting...

Molly makes me laugh :)

xx

sophie said...

Oh no! Molly is so naughty! Your knitting is great - another craft I need to master, maybe you can give me a lesson when we get together next?

JasperBoy said...

You look beautiful in that pic Rachael.

Jen in Melbourne

sue said...

You are doing so well, but I dont think I would be too happy with the puppy tangling it all up.

Terry said...

Go girl, go!! Wish I waas able to knit still - won't be long before Minnie gets the hang of it too, I wouldn't be at all surprised.
Oody XXXX

katiecrackernuts said...

Yah. Bring the knitting when we organise, finally, to get to together and craft together. Another blogger told me about a book exchange / coffee shop she frequents at Erina Heights. Sounds good. Could be another venue.

zoesquid said...

It looks great. Very addictive when you get going!

Kate said...

Great knitting! See you can do it!! I agree there is something so relaxing and calming about knitting.

Jo said...

Yay! for the knitting Rach, it looks great. That scarf is a lovely colour.

Jessica said...

Knitting is so meditative, isn't it? It's what I love about the art. Both of those scarves look great. I'm particularly a fan of bamboo yarns.

Megan: The Byron Life said...

What a sweet pic.
Your puppy is gorgeous too - what a talent!
x

Poppy and Mei said...

Great scarves...& um, mobile? (hehehe)XXxx

Jelly Wares said...

How FANTASTIC!!! your knitting looks gorgeous!!! I love your progress so far and the yarn you're using is divine...
Can't wait to see the finished scarf, modelled ofcoarse... LOL!!!

Take Care
Jodie :)

Jackie said...

I love the colour of your scarf!!! Looks great with your skintone...Gawd, I'm all dorky and sound like I know what I'm talking about. LOL
Silly MOlly!