A quick blog post of updates so apologies at the outset for what is going to be a long (and perhaps very boring) list;
1. Gluten Free: The Lauke Gluten free bread mix is a winner. Just tastes like a bready damper type thing and is so much better than other gluten free breads I have tasted. I think the key is to not actually think is bread - just look at it as a 'baked product' and you wont be disappointed.
We have discovered that gluten is in everything. I would not be surprised if air contains gluten.
2. Handmade Help: What a great collection has arrived here! Thank you sweet people that made and sent items in for the collection. I am just waiting now for Handmade Help HQ to arrange a courier to come and collect it. You can see some of the collection in this photo (excuse the mess behind it). A little too much to stick in a post bag so I hope that we can find a very generous courier soon...
3. The Paining: The lovely portrait of our Minnie did not win the Moran Portrait Prize. Boo Hoo. Of course we still think it was the best painting. Sorry Ben Quilty, we think Robin-Mary should have won.
4. Molly the Wuffler: The puppy has had some intensive training of late and seems to be doing well. Molly thought she was the Alpha Female. Not good and not what we wanted. That has changed and now I am Alpha Mama around here. Its a long story but it involved a great big leather glove, some real guts on my part, a head on confrontation over a pigs ear, and some submission by the bossy puppy. Now we are happy. 'I am Alpha Mama, hear me roar...'
5. Minnie: all is well on the Minnie front. All except the fact that she will NOT try new foods or eat her vegetables. We have tried the rewards charts, the bribing, the saying nothing but putting new food on the plate, the crying (by me), the screaming (me not Minnie) and then being sent to the bedroom (me again). We eat a wide variety of food here and she was exposed to loads of lovely food as a baby. Now the only vegetables she will eat are corn and cherry grape tomatoes. That's it. She loves rice and noodles but with nothing on them, she will eat hummus but only one brand, will eat meat but not in a stew or stir fry...the list goes on. I have read a load of books and end up getting more and more depressed about it. Do we just quietly keep trying and leave it at that? I know there is a little power play going on over this so perhaps we need to make less of a fuss? Would love your ideas on this one...
Phew, all updated. I do love a good list.