Tuesday, 24 March 2009

those clever girls...

A little someone that followed us home from the market (by Snailblazer)



I visited my very first Mathilda's Market on Sunday. I was so excited as I knew I would get to meet a couple of my blogging friends who had stalls there. I felt a little like a stalker walking around looking for them. But I am so glad I did. I met Sophie, who is completely gorgeous and so friendly and best of all she didn't think I was a crazy stalker as I lurked at her stall waiting for a break in traffic. Sophie and her sisters run Barefoot Babies. Their stall was super busy. I really wanted one of the smocks shown here but the last one was being taken off the rack while I was standing there. For a moment I felt a little crazy and thought of performing a quick hip and shoulder, tackle to the ground to get a hold of it. Behaviour unbecoming of a lady? Yes, perhaps... Sophie took pity on me and we are going to do a little swapsee so that smock - it will be MINE (well Minnie's)!

I had to stalk a bit more as I really wanted to say hi to Mel of Skye Rocket Sews. She was looking so beautiful with her lovely round tummy (baby 3 due in June). She is just as bubbly and friendly in 'real life.' Her stall looked wonderful - loads of really bright colours and gorgeous skirts, tee-shirts, and softies. It was just so, so nice to met her.

Although I wanted to buy one of everything, I didn't. Could have easily gone into debt there and would have had to lobby K-Rudd for a stimulus package for those over-extending at a Mathilda's Market...

I came away inspired and think I will have a stall at the November market. Scary stuff. I had better get sewing. Now.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It's lovely meeting bloggy friends, but I know what you mean about stalking them, it's seems a little weird sometimes "oh hi I know everything about you, I'm your number one fan".

Ooh and more market moolah from Kev would great!

Cass said...

Thanks for taking Daisy home with you. I don't remember you introducing yourself though (although the day was a little hazy) so if you didn't you really must next time. We will be at the November market again.

Jessica said...

A stall at a craft market sounds like so much fun...that's a goal of mine for the next year.

Kate said...

You should definitley have a stall - your stuff is fantastic!