Monday, 9 February 2009

collection for the bushfire victims...


Thank you for the fantastic support from this wonderful blogging crafting community. It really is a community in the true sense of the word.

Still working out the details regarding the eventual distribution of the handmade clothes for the babies and children affected by the tragic bushfires over the last few days. I will chat with some Melbourne crafters and sort something out...

At this stage I say sew, sew with all your heart! I will post information as it comes to hand on where we can send all our creations - maybe here to collate and then forward on? If you want my address to send your items too, please flick me an email and I will get back to you ASAP.

I have sewn some onesies in sizes 000 and 00 and some tee-shirts ranging from size 1 to 6 (both for girls and boys). I will make some simple skirts for girls and hope that some one can sew up some simple boys shorts.

I will keep you up to date on this collection. Please feel free to email me regarding this.

And thank you again.

6 comments:

cindy said...

I was truly inspired by your actions and have decided to start up a craft auction of handmade items with all proceeds going to the Red Cross, or charity of your choice to help with the bush fire appeals. I would love any help you can provide with promotion, donation or bidding. More info here http://bugandpop.blogspot.com/2009/02/can-it-make-difference.html

Gilly said...

Hi there,
came by your post from Pips blog.
I am going to sew - I have a boy and have some boys shorts patterns ready to be cut out so I will whip them up. Please send me your postage address so I can get them to you. I will start cutting out tonight and see how many I can sew in a week!

I have also got a simple dress pattern I can do for girls. I will print that and cut it out tomorrow.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Oh and I will pin a tag with the size on it to the items..that wya people will know.

Thank you for being so organised. Im in WA and feel helpless. I know I can help this way.

Please feel free to email me at gilly_17@aapt.net.au or catch me on my blog with your postal details.

Thanks
xx Gilly

Stitching At Stone Cottage said...

started stitching today... just a few kids clothes...can you let me know your postal details and i will forward them across...

Selina said...

I have some links on my site where shops will donate 20c per person if you sign on thier facebook. So this is something people can do and doesnt cost them anything but thier time.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

I've some handmade girls clothes, and a newborn pinni Rach. Send me an email:
ethellovesfred(at)bigpond(dot)com

xx

ada sunday said...

Hi there

I have lots of hand made clothes for children that I would love to send to you. Send me an email at adasunday (at)hotmail (dot)com with details.
Thanks