Wednesday, 4 February 2009

all growed up...


Last week Minnie had her first day at pre-school. We have only had 2 days apart in our 3 years together - the 2 horrible days that Alice was born and died. I missed her terribly during those 2 days.
And last Wednesday, I missed her too. I cried when I left her and she was fine. In fact she was OK for most of the day (a few moments of tears before lunch). Then at 1.30pm so told them she had enough for today and that she would like to go home. Of course I broke some records to get there and get her as fast as I could. I needed to have a long hug and breath her in.

So today is the second day. I didn't cry until I got to the car. I hope she is having fun. Its so quiet in the house. I am going to start some sewing for a big order. But I keep thinking about my little one, all growed up and off without me.

I know she will tell them when she's had enough. And I know I can tell them when I have had enough of being on my own...

5 comments:

Poppy and Mei said...

Congrats you two!
Well done on making it to the car!
I'm dreading that first day...XXxx

cindy said...

It can be so hard not being with them, but at least they can have lots of stories for cuddle time after. Hope she had a great day.

Amber said...

Oh Rach,

You brave mummy. I am sure she will love it. Does not make it one bit easier though does it.
I love my days with my babies (98% of the time) and when they are not around it does feel empty doesn't it.
xx

Kate said...

Well done on getting to the car! I will probably be like that when Evie goes. We really enjoyed our first morning with just the two of us.

katiecrackernuts said...

They do grow so very quickly. Rejoice in her first little steps out into the big wide world. I did read about Alice's death on your blog sidebar. I am sorry.