Tuesday, 20 January 2009

a little trip away...

An almost 12 month old Minnie with her Daddy, her Oma, and her (little) Big Nana

We are heading off for just under a week. Off to the Festival State to stay with our super lovely (little) Big Nana, Shirley. Shirley is in her late 80's and to all those around her, appears to be in her 50's or 60's. Sharp as a knife and more fun than a whole room of people put together.

Minnie is about 85 years younger than Shirley. Sadly they don't see each other as often as they would like. But Minnie sings songs over the phone and chatters away to her. I am not sure if Shirley understands all the ramblings of the 3 year old but I don't think that matters one little bit.

Oody (Minnie's Oma) is also in Adelaide at the moment so Minnie gets a Great Grandmother, a Grandmother and a Great Aunt and Uncle to play with. Mmm, how much attention can a 3 year old handle? Our Minnie can take all that and more...

We are going for lunch here and may be even stop to sample a few of the best the Barossa has to offer. And if time permits, I will be allowed to visit a few places I have had my eye on, including this one...

See you later next week.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Have a great holiday!

Shellbells said...

travel safe!!!

Amber said...

Have fun Rach,
Stay safe and I so hope Minnie gets spoilt rotten..xx

Jessica said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Poppy and Mei said...

Oh! Call me! Call me! XXxx

Michelle said...

Have a great time. Say hi to Maggie for me!

potty mouth mama said...

Sounds wonderful - enjoy every moment!

And can't wait to hear of your Maggie Beer experience. YUM!