Sunday, 4 January 2009

3 years ago today....

I was very, very hard at work. Nothing like any work I had done before. A bit like a marathon. Using muscles that I didn't know I had. Doing nothing from my Janet Balaskas book. Calling loudly for drugs. And more drugs. Begging for an epidural. Calling pathetically 'please, please, please' while waiting for the OB. Ripping parts of my body I don't think I had ever seen. Showing the world my front, middle and back bottom and not caring.

But all this work at the most happy ending of all. The most amazing outcome. And today she turned 3. Sometimes it feels like yesterday. And sometimes I can't imagine a time before her.

Happy Birthday Minnie. Happy Birthday to you. xxx

















9 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Happy birthday to Minnie and to her Mama too! Dieter and Minnie share a birthday (I think)--January 3rd?

I've been meaning to pop over, Rachael, and wish you a happy new year. 2008 was a sucky year for both of us, I think. Here's to a happy and healthy 09.

Kate said...

Happy birthday Minnie! Dont they grow so quickly!

E and T said...

Hi Rach

Happy third birthday to Minnie. I hope your gorgeous girl had a magical day celebrating her birthday.

Rach, I hope that 2009 is a year where your dreams come true, a year that is full of good health and peace for you and yours.

Lots of love
Elise

Amber said...

Oh happy birthday little lady...and congrats to a brave and wonderful mummy. Hope she had a great day.
Love the shot of you pregnant, you look beautiful.
xx

cindy said...

Happy birthday to Minnie, those years do go so quick.

Poppy and Mei said...

Hatty Dirtday Minnie!
Lots of good things to look forward to this year sweety, lots! XXxx

Anna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

tiff said...

Happy (belated) birthday Minnie.
Happy (belated) birthing day to you, my friend.

katiecrackernuts said...

I am sure you've heard it before, but you look so incredibly alike.