Friday, 21 November 2008

work harder, little mice...

I have been getting a lot of spam emails in my yahoo account. You know the kind, 'You have won the Spanish lottery' and 'Please help me transfer 7 gazillion dollars out of Nigeria.' Sometimes I get spam emails advertising certain pharmaceuticals for certain 'men's problems' and sometimes I get spam from 'my' bank asking for all my account details. I don't open them, I flag them as spam and delete them immediately.

Over the past few months I have been getting spam from a 'naughty' magazine. I am not going to say the 'P' word that rhymes with 'torn' as I don't want a million pimply teenager boys heading to my blog on the promise of some 'P' that rhymes with 'fawn.' So I have been deleting the 'offensive' emails and complaining loudly to my husband.

Until one day...

One day I read the title of the offending email not just the name of the sender. Strangely the title of this 'P' word that rhymes with 'fawn' included the word 'Craft.' Craft. Craft? I could hear the tiny mice on the treadmills inside my brain and the little cogs started whirring. From way deep inside my what can now be only referred to the useless grey mass inside my head, a flicker of recognition. Something familiar about the email. Something familiar about the sender. The little flicker of recognition became a thought that became a huge 'ohhhh.'

You see I have been complaining and deleting and complaining about all the emails from BUST. Not a naughty magazine for pimply boys but BUST the super cool women's magazine. I had been deleting the emails that I had signed up for.

Some days the tiny mice are not working hard enough...

3 comments:

Selina said...

Ooops!
Did you get my mail about Melvin?

Poppy and Mei said...

Pah hahahahaha! I love ya Rach...XXxx

Jules said...

Thanks for a great laugh,

this will have me chuckling all day long