Wednesday, 5 November 2008

a super day

What a wonderful outcome in the big election. Watched the very moving acceptance speech live this afternoon and felt all goose-bumpy and a bit teary. Super fantastic.

Minnie has had a 3 day obsession with Spiderman. She had never seen him or heard of him until Monday. At her bestest friend's house it all started. I don't think he has ever seen him but he has the costume. Oh how she fell in love with the blue and red spandex. Oh how she screamed when she left. Oh how I folded like a pack of cards/bent like a willow and said she could have her very own costume. So over the past 2 days we have visited 5 stores in search of a Spiderman costume in a size 2-3. Do you think we could find one?

I can hear you all saying 'but you could just make one!' Yes you are right there but you have not seen the cat costume I made out of a DKNY top. Donna would die if she saw what happened. So the one time when I decide just to buy the blooming thing that cost 2 cents to make we can't find one. In the 5th store we found some red and blue spandex but its Superman. Minnie had no idea who or what Superman is but she told me in the store 'I love Superman.' How could I refuse? In the panic to get out of the Big store before any more love affairs began I didn't get the cape that goes with the suit. Oops. Double oops. But the ever resourceful Minnie decided it is was OK to wear her 'brown elephant cape' (it matches her elephant softie) with the new outfit. Add the pink boots. Lovely combination.

Maybe Donna would forgive the cat costume when she sees this ensemble?

8 comments:

tikiboo said...

Awwww....bless! That's adorable. My girl is 3 in Feb...love this age!

Amber said...

Oh that is cute...hehehhe
What a great day to be a superhero...we are all more powerful today....yayayaay

Anonymous said...

My sister's friend, Erin, makes BEAUTIFUL custom capes... www.plumpearapple.com
It's an alternative to a generic super-hero outfit that I think Minnie would adore.
Love your blog and Etsy store.
Many warm wishes from Houston, Texas.

Poppy and Mei said...

Now that's an outfit!
Fabulous about Obama, so happy for all of us...XXxx

Jo said...

I think you could be on to a winning idea there, matching softies and capes. LOL!!

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Hilarious! She looks very cute in her matching(ish) wellie boots! Reminded me of a little boy who came to Playgroup, who wore an Incredibles costume for 8 months straight, including the gloves, which his Mum would wash at night!

potty mouth mama said...

I want to see the Donna Karan costume!! How hilarious!!

Love the photo of Minnie - so cute, love that imaginative play and dress ups.

tiff said...

Awww, Minnie. The perfect super hero.