Wednesday, 26 November 2008

hip hip hooray


Minnie getting ready to crack open the peach nectar and whip up her mummy a Bellini...
Another year older today. Minnie has spent most of the morning claiming it is her birthday and not mine. Apparently I am not allowed to have a birthday (which some days I like the sound of).

I started the day at 5.15am with a trip to the gym. All done with the intention of negating any guilt I might feel for drinking that bottle of bubbles that is in the fridge. Bubbles and peach nectar. Mmm, the Bellini.

Mum and Dad sent me money to buy this book. On you M and D - they know what I like! I think I am getting a bike from Steve and Minnie - I need to try it out so it's not going to be a surprise. Unless they blind fold me and tell me that I am trying out a new chair (I have a bit of a chair thing and would fill the house with them if I could). Still, I may wonder why the chair has handle bars...

An early dinner out with Steve and Minnie. Nothing fancy pants as Minnie is not into sommeliers or degustation menus or $40.00 entrĂ©es. Give her a prawn and pork bun and she’s happy. But she does want us to wear dresses. We may look a little out of place at the bistro with our frocks on. Especially Steve…

It’s been a less than joyous year. Moving into the blue house has been wonderful. Loosing Alice has been shit. Hoping that this next year of my very mid 30’s will be a lot better. Perhaps it will be a most excellent year.

Clink, clink - here's to excellent years.

13 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Happy Birthday Rach.
I truly hope that you have a magical day and that the year ahead brings you happiness and joy.

Kate said...

Happy birthday - I hope the next year is full of loveliness.

Michelle said...

Clink Clink - Happy Birthday!

Amber said...

OH HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...
Wow does this mean you are another sagitarius?
I hope you new year is fresher and happier.
Have fun
xx

tiff said...

Happy Birthday Rach,
I hope your day was nice and that Steve looked gorgeous in his dress!
Here is to you, my friend. I hope that the next year is full of dreams come true and some happiness thrown in there too.

Jo said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday Rach. Hope you had a nice dinner out in your frocks and enjoyed your bottle of bubbles.

It is mine on Friday, "very mid
30's", me too.

Poppy and Mei said...

Hatty Dirtday my dear friend!
I swear we are each other. Bubbles & chairs. Besides family is there anything else?
We MUST meet up when you are down our way, give me a mail & let me know your plans.
Love to you & stretch that Dirtday out! XXxx

Kate said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great day, and enjoy those Bellinis!

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday, Love! One year, we will have to be together to drink those bellinis and sit in amazing chairs in dresses!
xox

Ruth said...

Lol at Minnie not letting you have a birthday! Happy Birthday to you!

Ruth xx

Tania said...

Clink clink... cheers to you Rach. Hope you had a great day.
Your occasion brought me out of my lurking :)
Hope to see you soon
xx

Barbara said...

Hope your birthday was filled with love.

xxx

Selina said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!