Friday, 5 September 2008

Its a small world after all...


Just a quick hello amidst the house of disorder - perhaps a calm few minutes before I have to look up from my laptop and see the chaos that surrounds us. This moving lark is not much fun. Of course the end result will be loads of fun but this packing, sorting, recycling, taking things to the op shop, to the dump, and to friends is a bit much. I am a bit frustrated that I cannot lift and move bigger, heavy things. But there is always time for painting...
I am still here alone - if QANTAS is behaving, my darling should be back at about 8.30am tomorrow after 2 weeks working in Indonesia. We are counting down the seconds.

As you know I am on etsy (most of the time) and this week I decided to search the shop local function for some of towns around where I live. I nearly fell over when I found some! Yep, right here on my door step are some crafty etsy mothers (here and here) ! It made me so happy as I have long thought I was alone here, in the crafting wilderness. Yes, there is a huge fabric store up the road but most of the customers I see appear to be the more traditional 'country' crafters. Don't get me wrong, I admire the talent of all these crafters but their focus is just a bit more traditional than mine (apologies for using the word traditional twice there - I am struggling for the right description and after 2 weeks alone with a toddler, I am amazed that I can actually type).

So finding these few etsy crafters has led me to their blogs which has led people to me - all living in the area. They thrift (op-shop), craft, write and take photos. The bit that really amazes me is that they visit blogs that I do (from around the world) and that we have not bumped into each other before (like this lovely girl who is just down the road, in the beachside 'burb where I once lived).

The world is a smaller place when you blog.

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

It's truly amazing how you find people via blogging....I read Cheandfidel too!

Nikki said...

How fantastic to find that your ACTUAL community is also your blogging community. What a wonderful way to settle in....