Tuesday, 30 September 2008

from the blue house




The first morning at the blue house. I have only just found the camera again amongst the chaos. Breakfast outside for Minnie. Yes, that is paint all over the table and jam. A whole (tiny) jar of French jam was emptied. 'I can do it all by my self...'

I sat and looked at these flowers in our garden for the longest time. 'Birds of Paradise.' And as we roll into the middle of the second week here it is beginning to feel a little more like paradise. Long afternoons digging in the garden. Neglecting things like unpacking in favour of trips to the garden centre. Hours pouring over our new gardening books and old design magazines. Minnie starting the day by announcing 'I must do my gardening forever' as she heads our the back with her gardening tools.

But there is a big hole. I catch my reflection in the french doors. The roundness of my tummy is long gone. Just an empty place where someone belongs.

8 comments:

Poppy and Mei said...

Oh Rach...
Thanks so much for dropping by to tell me the sad news.
I just don't know what to write to make it seem even a tiny bit better, do know that I am thinking of you though.
I am sending your little family all the love I can muster...XXxx

lynne said...

Dear Rach,
I am so heartbroken reading about you and your family's loss. I am so, so sorry that you are enduring this. I will keep you in my prayers and my heart.
Much love -
Lynne

E and T said...

Dear Rach

I am happy to hear that you have found some beauty in the garden, but upset that your much anticipated move to your blue is accompanied by such sadness.

Thinking of you and you will continue to be in my prayers.

Lots of love and hugs
Elise

melissa said...

I am so sorry for your loss...

Poppy and Mei said...

Just popped back to see how you are doing...XXxx

Jenny said...

I just popped in to read your blog after awhile away and read about your huge loss. I know that there is nothing to say to make it better, but my thoughts are with you. Sending you all my support. Jen xxoo

little dresses said...

Oh sweetie, It's so sad. If my baby would have been a girl her name would have been Alice Louise (Louise after her Great Grandmother), I love that name! I wish I could have known what my baby was. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, it was so kind of you to reach out to me. It is nice to have friends nearby that know the craziness you feel inside after such a loss.

Thank you. I will be praying for you and your family.

xoxo,
Samantha

tiff said...

Hugs Rach,

Huge hugs, of course there is a hole. There will always be.