Saturday, 14 June 2008

sometimes we forget how lucky we are...

I came to this blog via the blog of the darling Jackie, who lost her husband in March this year. They share something that neither of them would have ever wanted to think about and probably never did - they both lost their partners on the same day from the same thing. Matt's wife Liz gave birth one day and died the next. Jackie's husband was fine one day and then died the next.

Sometimes I forget how perfect my life is. Sometimes I forget that I should inhale every minute with the people I love. Sometimes I forget that it doesn't matter if the house is mess. Sometimes I forget that most of it doesn't matter. I need to remember that my family is the only thing that really matters.

6 comments:

Selina said...

Very true...

Tyler said...

good to be reminded of and so very true. my heart goes out to your friends.

E and T said...

Thnak you for the reminder about perspective and what really matters.

I am so sorry to hear about Matt's story and the passing of his wife Liz and Jackie who lost her beloved husband Jeff.

Love
Elise

tiff said...

Rach,
It's good to remember these things, yes but it's ok to get wrapped up in life and the everyday challenges too.

Everyone has a journey to travel. Some are definitely bigger than others but every single one of them is one step at a time.

Hugs. For you and for your friends.

Mary Beth said...

A good reminder. Thank you. It's true we get caught up in the everyday, that's part of living, but we should remember the big picture every day.

Jessica said...

It's amazing how we get so 'busy' that we don't see around us enough to see how lucky we really are. Thanks for helping me see how lucky I am today!