Thursday, 5 June 2008

her favourite things...


Following my earlier series of my favourite things (I think I managed 2 in that series), I thought I would post of few of Minnie's favourite things. The 1952 musical 'story' of the life of 'Hans Christian Anderson' is the number one obsession at the moment. This film is requested every waking moment. You see this 1952 Danny Kaye 'family musical' has numerous scenes featuring beautiful ballerinas and Minnie told us that she wants to be a ballerina. She asks repeatedly when daddy is taking her to see a ballet. She is not quite 2 and 1/2. It is an enjoyable movie if you like musicals and if you can reconcile the fact that this is not really based on a whole lot of fact. But as they say, why let the facts get in the way of a great story. So we have watched the ballet scenes over and over. She knows them now and dances them. I have to play Hans Christian Anderson in some scenes as she requires a partner. I am afraid I don't have any photos as I am too busy remembering my steps...
What are some favourite things of your little ones?

4 comments:

Poppy & Mei said...

"SQUEEEEEEEEE!"
As for our favourites?
TOTORO, TOTORO, TOTORO! Xxx

tiff said...

Ivy's favourite things at the moment would have to be her beach hat and her sunglasses. She satands in front of the mirror and tells anyone who will listen, she is going to the 'beachthebeachthebeach'
She also loves Dorothy the Dinosaur, her doll and High School Musical but only the second one, number one bores her.

Noah's fave things are his father, his father's car, any hairy maclary book and his old smelly sneakers (which he calls stinkys) Movie wise, he is a die hard Wiggles fan but can sit through Alvin and the Chipmonks (new version) which i thought was pretty impressive for a 2 yearold)!

I had a ballet obsessed toddler, who is now a ballet obsessed preteen.

E and T said...

Hi Rach

How adorable that Minnie loves ballet. Does she have some tutus to dress up in?

My little girl is into dress ups and painting at the moment. Books are also an all time favourite around here.

Love
Elise

Selina said...

Fletcher being 18 mths is into any food containing sugar, planes and birds.