Monday, 12 May 2008

skirts and princesses and crabs...




Back from a lovely get away to Melbourne (one of my most favourite city's in the world).


We went to the wedding of a very dear friend - what a gorgeous day it was. Before we left I made Minnie some new skirts for the trip and asked her what she would like on them - she asked for a squirrel on one and birds on the other. She wore the squirrel skirt to the wedding ceremony (I will be adding some similar skirts to my store soon). Minnie is not a quiet child and spent a great part of the service singing out 'Marcel is marry a princess, Marcel is marry a princess!' And indeed he did - she looked stunning. Sadly my photos are less than stunning...


The reception was the first night that my husband and I have had out without Minnie since she was born. It was my first night of drinking in about 3 1/2 years. I may have over indulged a little... We were staying at the hotel that the reception was held which meant I could pop up stairs and put her to bed. Thank goodness we had a babysitter that stayed the night and took care of Minnie in the morning (thank you Te Te) when we were feeling terrible.


We spent a lovely morning at the zoo with one of my closest friends - we don't get to see each other that often as we live in different parts of the country. But when ever we do it is like we have not been apart. Minnie was very excited about the trip to the zoo but was a little disappointed that she did not see any crabs! She had told her Gaddy (grandmother) that is what she wanted to see.


To make up for the lack of crabs at the zoo (obviously they need to rectify that) we went to the museum. They have a fantastic children's section but the real winner were the dinosaurs. Minnie was so excited to be there and walked around saying 'museum, hooray' every minute or so. It was very funny. I love that a 2 year old can get so excited at a museum.
It was lovely to get away but as always, we needed loads more time in order to see more friends and visit more places. Next time - I don't need an excuse to visit Melbourne...

8 comments:

Skye Rocket Sews said...

Wonderful! As usual ;) Loving the pink one.
I love love love Melbourne too. The people are so friendly.
Congrats on a night out with the hubby,we all need it.
Mel.x

Kris said...

Hi

Beautiful skirts. Just popped by to say I went to the mission store on Saturday and had a whole two hours to myself wandering around as a special early mother's day trest. Was very tempted to smash all my current belongings and restock with fabbo 50s, 60s and 70s stuff ...

Nikki (Mother of the Devil Child) said...

Ahhh night out... so fun but so long to recover. I'm still not feeling particularly great. Ick.

Anyway, sounds like you had a great time! I'd love to head to Melbourne for a weekend!!

Cute skirts too :D

Jo said...

Gorgeous skirts Rach.
Glad you had a fun night out, bad zoo! having no crabs....

Selina said...

The skirts are adorable, love the little birdie. I waited for about 2 years before I had a night on the town. Far out and didn't I pay for it the next day!

Poppy & Mei said...

Hehehehe...I was born in Melbourne.
I LOVE MELBOURNE!
I also love your work.
Hows the head? Xxx

Andrea said...

Hi Rach,

Thanks for visiting my site and your comment! I love the clothing you make - they are really gorgeous and cute. Congratulations on 75 sales, I hope you make many more in the future!

Andrea

I am Jen said...

So cute!