Thursday, 1 May 2008

rock on...


went to a gig yesterday. Yep, a gig at 10.30am and no, I didn't mean 10.30pm. Yep, it was a gig for toddlers. All week the excitement has been mounting as we were going to see the 'real Jay' not 'Jay on the 'tb (tv).'

Jay Laga'aia is a bit hit in this house. Jay is a presenter in the super brilliant children's television program 'Play School' and recently released a CD that has been played non-stop in my car for months. Jay is also an actor and has starred in a few movies including Star Wars Episode II. He also has 7 children and loves being a dad (yes, he is the perfect man but of course in second place behind my husband).

And for the mums, Jay is quite a looker...

The kids loved him and he was fantastic on stage. A lot of singing and dancing and he got down on the dance floor with the little ones. Minnie also got to go up on stage with the band - what a hoot. She had a great time and so did I. It was an hour of great fun and wonderful to see all those little people having such time. I have not been to a grown up concert since the before Minnie was born. My days of big stadium concerts and pub gigs is a distant flicker in my memory. I get excited these days if I see a good busker - a mini concert!

Next gig are 'The Wiggles' in May. I think that it may be too much for me seeing Murry in the flesh.

4 comments:

E and T said...

Wow, it sounds like the Play School concert was excellent. An hour full of music and dancing - what a perfect form of entertainment for the little ones. What a star Minnie is, getting up on stage and having a dance.

I can totally relate to listening to the same CD while driving. I have sometimes wondered if I will ever hear the radio and "my" songs again. But, it does make for fun singing along with my little girl while we are driving around. She has her favourites and becomes quite animated and excited when they come on.

Now you and Minnie have the Wiggles in May to look forward to. How very exciting.

Poppy & Mei said...

He he he, I was just gunna say, "Now there's a good reason to watch Playschool"...Xxx

Kate said...

wow - my girls would be so jealous - it sounds great!

Selina said...

How exciting, I considered going to that when I saw it in the paper! Haven't been to a concert for ages...