Thursday, 3 April 2008

way behind....

Funny Face

I am way behind this week - I am supposed to be taking part in Jen's 'Simply Still Week' and on account of not sitting still for very long, I have no still life photos done! I will have to do all mine at once...
Toddler advice required: what on earth do you do when your toddler has a complete melt down with all the special effects (screaming, hitting, 'no, no,NNNNNNNOOOOOO',) and tries to rip off their new PJs for some unknown reason? They don't stop until the PJs are removed (a little worse for the experience). I am sure you don't loose your cool like me...

Thank you all so much for your kind words, prayers and donations for Jackie - I am so amazed at how truly wonderful this community is. Truly amazed...

7 comments:

Poppy & Mei said...

Oh the toddler thing is TOTALLY normal! Maybe she didn't like the way they felt? Was there a scratchy label or seam?
Poppy went through a faze where she would only wear dresses. During the day & to bed. It used to drive me nuts until I realised that she wasn't doing this to drive me crazy, it was just important to her.
And it wasn't hurting anybody so...
That's how I try to parent now. Is it hurting her? Is it hurting anyone else? No? Go for it kid!
I still do my far share of yelling though...Xxx

Poppy & Mei said...

Um...that would be "my fair share of yellng"...yeah. Xxx

Poppy & Mei said...

And that would be "yelling" JEEEEZ!Xxx

Jelly Wares said...

I have a todler that acts the same way so I don't think my advice would be of any use to you... LOL!!
Let me know how you get on though...

Jodie ;)

Rach said...

Thanks - nothing wrong with the PJs - soft, snuggly, new and put through the dryer so they were super soft. Today the screaming was because someone stood to close to her at kindergym. But she is also being so funny at the moment - is right into dressing up in my underwear - you know, the prebaby stuff that never appears now...

Jo said...

Just close your eyes and repeat serenely to yourself, "This too shall pass". It helps, and it is true.
IMO most phases are not worth fighting over, they simply pass away, ready for the next one.....and the next one.....

Belinda said...

Thanks for stopping by blog today and for your kind words.

Cheers,

B