Tuesday, 15 April 2008

I can not believe I didn't know...


...that the underwear that firms up all your wobbly bits actually works! I made this amazing discovery yesterday when I purchased some Nancy Gantz (type) Pantz! I knew about these modern miracles (whose mother does not own a pair) and I have laughed along with my darling friend after her post-caesarean instructions from her obstetrician included getting some Gantz Pants (she got them). But I never really considered their infinite benefits until I was faced with the daunting task of getting an outfit for a wedding next month. Apparently jeans, a tee-shirt and Birkenstock's are not considered 'glamorous cocktail.' I have expanded a little in recent years and I can not blame Minnie for this - I blame my husband and Mr's Absolute and Tanqueray, the special red and white 'mummy drinks' that come in glass bottles and cooking too many things that involve butter and cream, and cream and butter, butter and cream...

I have already had numerous melt downs thinking about the wedding outfit and I am sure I will have a few more, but armed with my Pantz, my wobbly bits are a little firmer and smoother and the butt seems to be a little higher. However, as some of you may know, they are not the sexiest underwear available so I shall not be anticipating any bubbly fuelled frolicking the night of the wedding - they take about half and hour to 'peel' off. And when they are off, the wobbly bits magically return. A bit like a pumpkin and a carriage and midnight...


(I could not and will not post a photo of these Pantz, regardless of how much I love them).

9 comments:

Selina said...

Make sure they dont cut of any circulation or might faint at the wedding...and not from the wine!
PS I didnt really think they worked

Helen said...

Rach!

Thanks for your lovely comment on stripy sock today. Just wanted to pay a visit - lovely to read your blog and 'meet' your sweet daughter.

x Helen

Jelly Wares said...

I bought myself a pairt of those panties to wear to my sisters wedding last year. It was 12 months after I had my first child and I never thought I was going to look that great in a dress again... I too am in love with those panties now, they're saviors!!

Jodie :)

E and T said...

They sound awesome and definately the magic (or should I say miracle) I will need in October for my sister-in-laws wedding. Her wedding will be about 3.5 months after I have my second baby.

Jo said...

Thanks for the tip about the miracle pants. If I ever need to look slinky, I will be getting me some of those. Jo

Krista said...

Hi Rach, you're a peach to share these important bits of information! I love the cute stuff you're making, by the way.

Kate said...

Thanks for the tip - I must remember this!

Wendy said...

Where did you find that excellent red & white mug?

13mimosa said...

It's funny - I saw those pants mentioned last night on that poxy 20/1 show of chick flicks. It was a woman saying she didn't know a single woman she DIDN'T own a pair of those pants. I'm afraid I am like you were, I've never done them - maybe I should be as it will get rid of that little bulge from the csection I didn't need to have with Ella....