Wednesday, 26 March 2008

I really do sew...



You may have started to think that I don't actually sew anything, other than clothes for my etsy shop. Yes, it is true that in place of beautiful finished clothes Minnie has lots of unfinished things in my sewing room. If you count the ideas and plans I have, she has more clothes and quilts and cushions than any other person in the world.

Here is a half finished practice (I am allowed to have wonky hems) version of a jacket that I am going to make for Minnie. I love this gorgeous vintage floral fabric. The pattern is from 'Girly Style Wardrobe,' from here. I am sure she can get hold of a copy for you. Very much in love with all the designs is contains. I need to concentrate a little though its all in Japanese - what an adventure it is!

I will finish this jacket and you will one day see the results.
Thank you for your kind words after my mini melt down yesterday - Minnie is fine today but has been telling us about her 'oowie neck day.' Lots of kisses at our house today...

6 comments:

Kate said...

jacket in that linen is going to be great!

Poppy & Mei said...

Beautiful!
I've been flicking through that book all week with very itchy fingers...Xxx

Jelly Wares said...

Gorgeous fabric... Can't wait to see the jacket when it's finished...

Jodie :)

Jo said...

That fabric is gorgeous! Great texture too.

I am Jen said...

Ooo. I love the fabric. That will be a fabulous jacket. And glad to know minny is better.

Suse said...

Wonderful fabric. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'll have to post more pics of my dog just for you eh?